【Gコミ学科】Using Flipgrid edutech platform for in-person and virtual classes
Flipgrid is an educational technology (edutech) platform, specifically, a video-based tool that allows for discussion across digital devices in a fun and engaging way, which makes it ideal for use in education (Edwards, 2022). It is not only beneficial for students learning from home, but also for those on campus.
Our in-person classes have been using Flipgrid, where students can record any kind of speaking activities (from self-introduction to presentation of their projects). Those who are at home for some reason, such as being sick and cannot come to school, but are able to join through Zoom and record their video presentations, will not miss the class activities.
Benefits of using Flipgrid
- Students can interact using video, such as face-to-face in the real world, but without the pressure of a live classroom.
- Students feel less anxious because they are given the space and time to respond when they are ready.
- Students can become creative and potentially more importantly, expressive because of the Flipgrid's ability to add rich media.
- Students are more empowered to express themselves openly, engaging more deeply with the task.
- Students can interact and learn more with students from other universities in Japan or overseas through virtual collaborative learning instruction.
国際コミュニケーション学部 英語コミュニケーション学科 Instagram開設しました。
Edwards, L. (2022). What is Flipgrid and how does it work for teachers and students? Tips and tricks. Retrieved from https://www.techlearning.com/how-to/what-is-flipgrid-and-how-does-it-work-for-teachers-and-students