【Gコミ学科】Reading Sogo 1 students visit a Vietnamese restaurant to learn about business
On one fine day, first year students of Reading Sogo 1 visited a Vietnamese restaurant located in Shinkaichi, Kobe to learn something about business, especially about entrepreneurship.
Reading Sogo 1 focuses on Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), wherein students learn both business related contents and English language.
Students prepared some questions to ask the restaurant owner before the visit:
- What made you decide to start this business?
- Before opening the restaurant, what did you do to prepare for it?
- Was it easy or difficult to start the business in Japan? How did you do it?
- How did COVID-19 pandemic affect your business? How are you coping with the COVID-19 pandemic challenges?
- What is your advice to entrepreneurs/those who would like to start a business like yours?
The visit hopes to enable students to see the connection between what they have learned from the class and the situation of the restaurant business, which they can use in the future especially for those who are interested in starting a business.
The restaurant owner, who is a Vietnamese, came to Kansai University of International Studies years ago for a short international study visit. He then came back to Japan to finish his business course at a university in Kobe.
For more information about the restaurant, here are the links:
Shinkaichi restaurant: バインミーシンチャオ
Sannomiya restaurant: バインミーシンチャオ
国際コミュニケーション学部 英語コミュニケーション学科 Instagram開設しました。